Today, I removed the exhaust headers from my Bonneville in order to prepare to wrap them with exhaust heat tape wrap.

In the process of doing this, I discovered that I needed to remove the right foot brake assembly. Since I had it off and was looking at it, I got the idea to customize it in the same style as I have been modifying a few other items (gear shift lever, chain guard, front sprocket cover).


Left shift lever a modified previously – Right side brake lever drilled and polished.


The two levers after hand rubbing to a satin finish.

I’m pleased with how these parts are turning out by using hand tools and some 3M metal polishing pads. This modification only took me about 30 minutes to complete once I had the part off the bike and in my shop.